Thursday, May 22, 2014

Alvarez RB30 No. 10

I made this baritone from what I believe is a 2007 Alvarez RB-30SC NAT that is just beginning to age wonderfully. It is not in perfect condition but is very very close. I found three small dings below the bridge at around the 6th string that are visible only in reflection and two even smaller and less noticeable dings on the back of the guitar. Other than that, there were notable imperfections while I was converting it. It has beautiful but understated inlays on the headstock and rosette and I have finished it with a sound port and chrome tuners. These Alvarez baritones are among the best sounding that I make and among the most praised by their owners. This instrument’s sustain is incredible. I am selling it without a case for $529 and as of this writing I do have a hard case that is a little banged up but still good on the outside and nearly perfect on the inside for an additional $75.




Features (from the Alvarez website):

Body Style: Cutaway Jumbo Bass
Back: Maple
Top: Solid Spruce
Fingerboard:   Rosewood
Fingerboard Inlay: Dots
Bridge: Rosewood
Body Binding: Multiple
Tuning Machines: Chrome Die Cast
Finish: Natural
Electronics: System 200T Active EQ with built in tuner


Specifications:

Scale Length:                34 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                48 inches
Body Length:                20 inches
Upper Bout Width:       12 ½ inches
Lower Bout Width        16 ½ inches

Body Depth:                 4 ½ inches






No comments:

Post a Comment