Sunday, October 6, 2013

Alvarez AB60CE Lefty No. 1

I very rarely make left handed baritones except on commission so here is your chance to own one of my very best sounding guitars without pre-ordering it. I made this baritone from what I believe is a 2008 Alvarez AB60CEL. I bought it as a factory reject with no hardware and no electronics. It had one scratch on the back that I have minimized so that it can barely be seen in reflection. From the looks of the fingerboard it may have never had strings on it before. My guess is that it may have had a bad electronics package. The headstock has not been stamped but the serial number is partially marked out. I added a Prener-LC active electronics system with a built in tuner that is slightly narrower than the original package and you can see that if you look very closely but it is not obvious. This guitar is in very nearly perfect condition and may very well end up being one of a kind. I finished it with a sound port and gold hardware. I am selling it without a case on eBay for $599 and as of this writing I do have a used hard case available for an additional $75.




Features (from the Alvarez website):

- Top: Hand selected, 'A' grade, solid Sitka spruce
- Back & Sides: Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Machine heads: Premium die cast chrome
- Bridge: Alvarez bi-level rosewood
- Bone Nut and Saddle

Specifications:

Scale Length:                32 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                46 inches
Body Length:                21 inches
Upper Bout Width:       12 inches
Lower Bout Width        17 inches

Body Depth:                   5 inches






No comments:

Post a Comment