Sunday, January 22, 2012

Tacoma Olympia OB3CE No. 3


I made this baritone guitar out of a used Tacoma Olympia OB3CE – basically the Olympia brand of Thundercheif. There is a very fine crack on the lower heal of the neck that I cannot get to move even with a clamp that I have filled and de-emphasized. It also has a ding on the top corner of the headstock that I have also de-emphasized. Other than that, I found no flaws while I was converting it. The very minor cosmetic issues aside, this is one big beautiful guitar. It still has the clear plastic pick guard and even has the plastic on the truss rod cover. Out of the 100+ guitars I have made so far, this model has the biggest, deepest bottom end tone yet. If you finger pick or don’t strum overly hard you can tune this guitar down to G – G very easily with regular guitar strings and it will still sound great. If you play in situations where there is no bass and you plan on filling in by walking the bass line on your guitar, this is the ideal guitar for you. The owner of the other one I made absolutely loves his and I will make more if I can find the basses to do it. I am selling this guitar and a Tacoma hard case in good condition that fits like a glove on eBay for $625 plus shipping. Sold - Thanks Derek!



Features:

Body Wood: Mahogany
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Top Wood: Select Spruce
Preamp/EQ: Fishman Classic 4

Specifications:

Scale Length:                34 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                48 inches
Body Length:                21 3/4 inches
Upper Bout Width:       12 1/2inches
Lower Bout Width        18 inches
Body Depth:                 4 1/2 inches











No comments:

Post a Comment