Saturday, January 28, 2012

Epiphone El Segundo No. 1


I made this baritone from what I believe to be a factory remanufactured Epiphone El Segundo. It has a newer serial number glued inside the sound hole and the word USED stamped on the back of the headstock. I found one very small ding that is not noticeable except in reflection next to the neck on the upper bout close to where the neck joins the body. Other than that, I found no other imperfections. I do not know why this guitar was remanufactured but it does have a Shadow active electronics system and on the web I have only found information about El Segundos with passive systems. This is a beautiful guitar that sounds great. I finished it with a sound port and gold tuners. I am selling it with a hard case in very good condition for $595 on eBay. No longer available - for Joseph.

Features (from the web):


Neck Profile: Slim Taper
Frets: 22
Joint: Set
Neck Wood: Hard Maple
Bridge: Rosewood
Tuners: Covered
Top: Select Spruce
Body: Mahogany
Colors: Natural


Specifications:

Scale Length:                32 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                46 ½ inches
Body Length:                20 inches
Upper Bout Width:       11 ½ inches
Lower Bout Width        15 ¾ inches
Body Depth:                  5 inches








No comments:

Post a Comment