Thursday, January 12, 2012

Washburn Oscar Schmidt OB300/LH


I made this baritone guitar out of a brand new Washburn Oscar Schmidt OB300N/LH and it is the very first left handed model I have made for general sale. I bought it as a second from a retailer without a saddle. I replaced the originally (missing) plastic combination saddle and pickup with a nice bone saddle and a new  piezo pickup. The finish has also chipped a bit behind the nut but I have minimized it and it is not immediately noticeable. Other than that, the guitar appears to be in unused condition. It is not marked as a factory second or refurbished guitar would be. This is a beautiful guitar with a very easy to play 32 inch scale. I have left the action high until I find out how the buyer plans on playing it and can leave it a little high for a heavy strummer or flat picker or much lower for someone who plans on finger style. It will play well tuned either A – A or B – B with normal guitar strings for finger style but will play best tuned B – B if you are a heavy strummer. I have finished it with a sound port and gold hardware. I am selling it without a case for $475 on eBay. As of this writing I do have a used hard shell case in good condition available for an additional $75. Sold - Thanks Gary!


Features (From the web):

    Handcrafted quality
    Select spruce top
    Mahogany back & sides
    Venetian cutaway
    Gloss finish
    Built in preamp
    Rosewood fingerboard
    Mahogany neck


Specifications:

Scale Length:                32 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                45 inches
Body Length:                19 inches
Upper Bout Width:       11 ¼ inches
Lower Bout Width        15 inches
Body Depth:                  3 ½ inches






No comments:

Post a Comment