Thursday, July 28, 2011

Takamine EG512C No. 2

I made this baritone guitar out of a lightly used what I believe to be a 2002 Takamine EG512C. The owner of the other once I have made loves his. It has a few small dings but nothing obvious or that affects the play in the slightest. This is one beautiful guitar that was made in Korea before they moved manufacturing to China. I have left the action high enough that you can strum it as hard as you want without the strings slapping against the neck. It is probably the loudest guitar I have made to date and maybe the loudest guitar I have ever played if you want to push it hard. It is also at least the equal to my very best sounding guitars. If you are more the finger picker type I would be glad to lower the action a bit before shipping. It has a beautiful abalone rosette and I have finished it with a sound port and gold tuners. I am selling it on eBay for $595 without a case. As of this writing I do have a used hard shell case in pretty good condition available domestically for an additional $75. I am sorry, but it is too large to ship internationally. Sold - Thanks Chuck!



Features:

Spruce top
Mahogany back and sides
22-fret maple neck with rosewood fretboard (34" scale)
Rosewood bridge
Takamine active graphic EQ preamp with built in tuner
Gold tuning machines

Specifications:

Scale Length:                34 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                49 inches
Body Length:                20 3/4 inches
Upper Bout Width:       12 1/4 inches
Lower Bout Width        16 3/4 inches
Body Depth:                 4 3/4 inches







No comments:

Post a Comment