Thursday, July 28, 2011

Washburn AB-10

I made this baritone guitar out of a Washburn AB-10. At sometime in it’s past it had an issue with the bridge lifting and it appears that it has been expertly repaired. I looked at it closely and I doubt it will ever be a problem – particularly with the lower tension of regular guitar strings instead of bass strings. It has a few other small dings and scratches but nothing obvious.

This guitar has a thin body and is not my loudest guitar. It does have a warm mellow tone that projects more than you would think acoustically. Plug it into an amp and it becomes an absolute monster. It has a nice easy to play low action and I have finished it with a sound port and chrome hardware. I got a great deal on a great bass so I am selling it without a case on eBay for $399. Sold - Thanks Richard!



Features:

Spruce top
Thin bodied acoustic bass
Florentine cutaway style
Select spruce top
Mahogany sides, back and neck
Rosewood fingerboard
Rosewood bridge
Piezo bridge pickup
Equis Crystal active preamp
Chrome die cast tuners


Specifications:

Scale Length:                34 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                47 ½ inches
Body Length:                20 inches
Upper Bout Width:       11 ½ inches
Lower Bout Width        16 inches
Body Depth:                 3 1/2 inches







No comments:

Post a Comment