Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hohner EAB65 No. 3

I bought this bass advertised as being in bad shape. There was a lot of crud around the bridge and a couple of dings but it cleaned up really well and there wasn’t really anything wrong with it. There are some shallow dents that can bee seen in reflection around the bridge and one scratch on the top on the lower bout treble side that can be seen if you look and a couple of fine cracks in the finish in the middle of the guitar below the bridge to the end. If you zoom in on the pictures on my website you may be able to see them. There is also one ding on the neck at the sixth fret on the bottom where the hand never touches but it should be mentioned. I have minimized all of these cosmetic issues and they are hardly noticeable.


This is not a new guitar, but it is beautiful looking and bound to attract attention. The action of this guitar is nice and low – so low I may need to raise it before shipping, and the sustain is outstanding. I finished it with gold hardware and a sound port.  The owners of the other two I have made are extremely pleased with their guitars.  This particular model is one of my favorites and in my opinion one of my best sounding and easiest playing 34 inch guitars. This guitar has been my main instrument since I converted it. If you have ever seen me performing or have jammed with me, odds are that this is the instrument I was using. I am selling it on eBay without a case for $525. As of this writing I have a used case in good condition for an additional $75. Sold locally - Thanks Matt!

Features:

Solid Spruce Top
Ovangkol Sides and Back
Rosewood Fingerboard with Mother of Pearl position markers
Active Shadow P7 Electronics
New Bone Nut and Saddle


Specifications:

Scale Length:                34 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                46 inches
Body Length:                19 ½ inches
Upper Bout Width:       11 ½ inches
Lower Bout Width        15 ½ inches
Body Depth:                 4 ¾ inches






No comments:

Post a Comment