Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hohner AB-40N

I made this baritone guitar out of what I believe to be a 1995 Hohner AB-40N that is in fantastic shape – particularly for being more than 16 years old. I cannot find any specs on this guitar but I believe that it has a solid spruce top and a mahogany neck. I do not know what wood the back and sides is but it is highly figured and beautiful. There is a beautiful inlay down the middle of the back. There are no noticeable dings or scraps on this guitar. It has a nice low action and if you want a 32 inch baritone with a smaller body than most this one may be the one for you. I added a bone nut and bone saddle and finished it with a sound port and gold hardware.  This guitar is not as loud as some of my larger guitars but it has great tone and the sustain is outstanding. I am selling it with what I believe is the original soft case, also in excellent condition for $495 on eBay. Sold - Thanks Ivy!


Specifications:

Scale Length:                32 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                43 1/2 inches
Body Length:                19 inches
Upper Bout Width:       11 1/4 inches
Lower Bout Width        15 1/2 inches
Body Depth:                 3 7/8 inches






No comments:

Post a Comment