Sunday, May 15, 2011

Takamine EG512C

I made this baritone guitar out of a lightly used what I believe to be a 2001 Takamine EG512C. The list price for this bass is $999 and I doubt I will be getting more of these, at least at this price. It has a few small dings but nothing obvious or that affects the play in the slightest. This is one beautiful guitar that was made in Korea before they moved manufacturing to China. It has a nice low action and sounds incredibly rich. The bass had a sound port in it when I got it and it is at least the equal to the very best sounding guitars I have made so far. Sold - thanks Heidi!



Features:

Spruce top
Mahogany back and sides
22-fret maple neck with rosewood fretboard (34" scale)
Rosewood bridge
TK-4NB preamp
Chrome tuning machines

Specifications:

Scale Length:                34 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                49 inches
Body Length:                20 3/4 inches
Upper Bout Width:       12 1/4 inches
Lower Bout Width        16 3/4 inches
Body Depth:                 4 3/4 inches






No comments:

Post a Comment