Monday, May 16, 2011

Hohner TWP600B BK - Take II

I finally got some nice gold tuners tuners that fit the guitar better. I also added a sound port and it sounds even better than it did.

I made this baritone out of a 1991 Hohner Professional model TWP600B BK. From what I have read, it listed for $499 20 years ago. There are a couple of significant scratches, some pick scuffs, and a couple of small dings on the top – none of which are immediately obvious and some light buckle rash on the back that is also hardly noticeable. This guitar is in great condition for being 20 years old.

According to what I have read on the web, it has a sold spruce top and mahogany back and sides. The neck is also listed as mahogany but I don’t think it is. The wood was much harder and whiter when I drilled the holes for the tuners but I was unable to determine what that wood was. It has a rosewood fingerboard and bridge and a bone nut and saddle. It has active electronics and a beautiful mother of pearl HOHNER inlay on the headstock. This guitar has a nice low action all the way up the neck and has a huge sound and great sustain in spite of having such a thin body profile. Sold - thanks James!


Specifications:

Scale Length:                34 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16
Total Length:                47 inches
Body Length:                19 inches
Upper Bout Width:       11 ½ inches
Lower Bout Width        16 inches
Body Depth:                   3 inches






No comments:

Post a Comment