Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Fender CB100-CE No. 2

I bought this bass brand new because of its advertised nut width of 2 1/8 inches. Even though it is advertised as being that wide every place I found on the web, the nut width is actually only 1 11/16 inches – the same as most of my other guitars. However, if I had not fallen for this bit of false advertising I probably never would have bought the bass and that would have been my loss. This bass converted into one of my very best sounding and easiest playing 34 inch guitars. The satin neck is very easy to play and the acoustic sound is up there with my very best Alvarez, Breedlove, Hohner, and Michael Kelly guitars. The mother of pearl rosette and pick guard give it an elegant look and the Fishman electronics are outstanding. I will make more of these if I can get the bass as this price and if there is a market for them. I am selling this guitar on eBay for $479 without a case. As of this writing I do not have a used hard case but may have one by the time it is sold. If I do have one available it will be an additional $75. Sold - Thanks Mark!


Features (From MF):

Body Shape: Dreadnought
Back: Laminated Mahogany
Sides: Laminated Mahogany
Top: Laminated Spruce
Body Finish: Satin
Bracing: Scalloped X Bracing
Rosette: Fender Mother-of-Pearl Acrylic Design
Body Binding: Multiple Body Bindings
Neck Shape: Jazz Bass profile
Frets: 22
Position Inlays: Dot
Electronics: Fishman Isys III pickup/preamp system with built-in tuner
Fretboard Radius: 12 inches (305 mm)
Fretboard: Rosewood
Neck Material: Mahogany
Neck Finish: Satin
Nut Width: 2.125 inches (54 mm) **** This is wrong, it is actually 1 11/16 like most of my guitars***
Scale Length: 34 inches (86.36 cm)
Truss Rods: Dual-Action
Hardware: Chrome
Bridge: Rosewood with Synthetic Bone Compensated Saddle
Nut: Bone
Saddle: Compensated Bone


Specifications:

Scale Length:                34 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                47 ¾ inches
Body Length:                20 inches
Upper Bout Width:       11 ½ inches
Lower Bout Width        15 ¼ inches

Body Depth:                  5 inches






No comments:

Post a Comment