Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Aria FEB No. 5

I made this baritone guitar out of what I believe to be a 2005 Aria FEB STD that is in very nearly perfect condition. I found only small signs of use when I was converting it. This guitar is in great condition and sounds as good as any guitar I make. This is also beautiful and looks as good as it sounds with a very nice abalone rosette and mother of pearl headstock inlays. The action is low and it has a nice thin neck profile that plays like a dream. I have finished it with chrome hardware and a sound port. I am selling this guitar on eBay for $550 without a case. As of this writing I do have a used hard shell case in very good condition available domestically for an additional $75. Sold - Thanks Scott!

Features:

Top: Spruce
Back & Sides : Mahogany
Neck : Mahogany
Fingerboard : Rosewood
Controls : 4 band EQ
Bridge : Rosewood
Rosette: Abalone
Position Markers: Mother of Pearl
Hardware : Chrome

Specifications:

Scale Length:                34 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                49 inches
Body Length:                20 ½ inches
Upper Bout Width:       12 ¼ inches
Lower Bout Width        17 inches

Body Depth:                 4 ½ inches







1 comment:

  1. Disclaimer - I had no knowledge of Terry and his baritone conversions prior to purchase in July 2017.

    Hi Terry, I just noticed you thanked me and marked this guitar as sold here on your blog. Well it's been exactly four months as of 3 November 2017, and I can report this Bari is better than ever. It's an old friend and I can't believe it only been four months. I love it, it is stable, it has great low action, it sounds like a dream. And it achieves deeper tone and can handle heavier gauge strings than any Bari I've come across - converting these acoustic basses into baritone guitars is pure genius. Your advice was just as valuable. I am really, really liking the Tonewood amp, especially in your Bari conversion. Everyone, and I mean everyone, just can't believe how alive this Bari is with the Tonewood - it's a match made in heaven. I see your 12-string conversion is still out there, someone has GOT to try it, and I remain interested in it! In the meantime thank you again for the Aria bari conversion -- your workmanship and willingness to communicate is gratefully appreciated. I hope we cross paths again. With utmost regard, Scott

    ReplyDelete