Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Michael Kelly Dragonfly No. 1

I made this baritone from a quilted maple Michael Kelly Dragonfly model QAB2-QAM. It has some signs of wear and a ding by the end pin and some finish cracks on the back toward the end pin that I have repaired. There are no obvious flaws. It had a Fishman electronics package that I have upgraded to an Artec MT-TBL Triphonic blender that has a piezo pickup, a magnetic pickup, and a condenser microphone inside the guitar. The range of sounds is incredible and this is by far the best electronics package I have used to date and I may offer it in future guitars. At the moment it has black tapewound strings for the 5th and 6th string - I can replace these with wound strings at buyer request. I finished the guitar with gold hardware and a sound port. This model is hard enough to find and expensive enough that this may be the only one I make. I am selling it on eBay for $699 without a case. As of this writing I do have a hard case available for an additional $75.Sold - Thanks Chris!


Features:


    CONSTRUCTION: Set-neck
    BACK: Quilt maple
    SIDES: Quilt maple
    TOP: Quilt maple
    NECK: Mahogany
    REINFORCEMENT: 2 way adjustable truss rods w/2 graphite rods
    BRACING: Scalloped
    FRETBOARD: Rosewood
    RADIUS: 12"
    SCALE: 32"
    BINDING: White triple-ply white and black
    INLAY: Dragonfly and vine custom inlay of pearl and abalone
    SOUND HOLE: Solid abalone inlay
    BRIDGE: Michael Kelly rosewood acoustic bridge
   


Specifications:

Scale Length:                32 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                46 inches
Body Length:                20 inches
Upper Bout Width:       12 ½ inches
Lower Bout Width        16 inches

Body Depth:                   5 inches








No comments:

Post a Comment