Sunday, June 2, 2013

Fender Victor Bailey No. 1

I made this baritone out of what I believe to be a 2008 Victor Bailey in used but very nearly perfect condition. It has a couple of small dings on the back of the headstock and some very fine scratches that can only be seen in reflection. It is without doubt one of the very finest guitars I have made to date in both sound and appearance. The blendable preamp is amazing. I have left the nut is slightly wider than the neck to aid in playability and I have finished it with gold tuners, a sound port, and boxwood bridge pins. I am selling it on eBay for $699. This price is lower than the bass I made it from normally sells for so this could very well be one of a kind. As of this writing I do have a used hard case in good condition available for an additional $75. Sold - Thanks Lynn!



Features (From MF):

  • Signature Bass Guitar Series
  • Thinline, single-cutaway body style
  • Natural with gloss finish
  • Laminated spruce top with dao top veneer
  • Arched back and sides of laminated dao
  • Mahogany neck
  • Rosewood fingerboard
  • 22 frets
  • Rosewood bridge
  • Fender-Fishman Classic 4 preamp with volume, bass, mid, treble, mid sweep, and low-battery indicator
  • Fishman Sonicore under-saddle pickup and a blendable, body-mounted ACLR sensor
  • Abalone dot position Inlays
  • Abalone rosette
  • Double fingerboard binding (white/tortoise shell)
  • Matching headstock overlay,
  • Inlaid mother of pearl Fender logo
  • Tortoise shell body binding
  • Nut: Bone
  • Saddle: Bone


Specifications:

Scale Length:                34 inches
Nut Width:                    1 5/8 inches
Total Length:                47 ½ inches
Body Length:                20 inches
Upper Bout Width:       11 ½ inches
Lower Bout Width        15 ¾ inches

Body Depth:                  3 1/2 inches






1 comment:

  1. Cannot wait to try this one out when it arrives. I tried a Taylor 6 string bari at a local music store, and after playing it I also watched some videos on Taylor's 8 string version. I realized that Taylor's 6 string really needs those two extra strings to brighten it up; frankly I played an Am7 on the Taylor 6 which is a very open chord, and the chord was so muddled I couldn't distinguish it from playing fully open, with no chord at all. I had to capo up one to get it to sound like an Am7. It sounds like from Terry's history, his bari should perform much better in the low registers, with regular strings by design, without the need of the two extra strings of the Taylor GT8. Thanks Terry for bearing with all my questions! - Lynn

    ReplyDelete