Monday, December 26, 2011

Alvarez RB30SC No. 5


I made this baritone from what I believe is a 2005 Alvarez RB-30SC NAT. It has a couple of very small dings on the top that are not immediately obvious but can be seen in reflection. Other than that there are some swirlies in the finish on the back and the guitar is in excellent condition. It has beautiful inlays on the headstock and rosette and I have finished it with a sound port and gold and chrome hardware. These Alvarez baritones are among the best sounding that I make, among the most beautiful, and among the most praised by their owners. The sustain is incredible. At the moment the action is so low that I may need to ad a thin shim under the saddle and I have not finished the final adjustments. When you buy it tell me how you intend to play it and how you like the action and I will set it up that way. I am selling it on eBay without a case for $575. At the moment I do have a case in good condition available for an additional $75 plus shipping. Sold - Thanks Myles!


Features (from the Alvarez website):

Body Style: Cutaway Jumbo Bass
Back: Maple
Top: Solid Spruce
Fingerboard:   Rosewood
Fingerboard Inlay: Dots
Bridge: Rosewood
Body Binding: Multiple
Tuning Machines: Chrome Die Cast
Finish: Natural
Electronics: System 200T Active EQ with tuner


Specifications:

Scale Length:                34 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                48 inches
Body Length:                20 inches
Upper Bout Width:       12 ½ inches
Lower Bout Width        16 ½ inches
Body Depth:                 4 ½ inches







No comments:

Post a Comment