Saturday, July 9, 2011

Michael Kelly Club Custom 4N No. 5


 I made this baritone guitar out of a Michael Kelly Club Custom 4N with a few miles on it. There are a few dings on the top and some small dents that I believe were made with a pick. There is also a very fine crack in the finish where the two halves of the top come together. The bass was shipped to me with the strings tight and the bridge lifted slightly. I clamped and glued the bridge back down solid and the process I use to make the guitar a 6 string further strengthens the bridge so I doubt it will ever be a problem. The finish around the bridge did crack though and I have de-emphasized that. None of these cosmetic issues is even visible without examining the guitar very closely and in reflection but I do feel then need to be mentioned. Those things aside, this is one gorgeous, sweet sounding, and easy playing guitar. The owners of the others I have made love them and so far this particular model gets a lot of positive feedback. I am selling this guitar with no case on eBay for $550. At this moment I do have a used hard case available for purchase with this guitar for an additional $75 (US lower 48 only). If you buy the guitar and want one of these, send me a note with your payment and I’ll send you an invoice for the case or bag. Sold - Thanks Isaac!


Features:

Solid Red Cedar Top
Burled Ash Sides and Back
Rosewood Fingerboard with Mother of Pearl and Abalone inlays
Mother of Pearl Headstock Inlay
Abalone Rosette
Fishman Electronics


Specifications:

Scale Length:                34 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                47 inches
Body Length:                20 inches
Upper Bout Width:       12 inches
Lower Bout Width        16 1/2 inches
Body Depth:                 4 3/4 inches








No comments:

Post a Comment