Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fender BG-31 CAR

I made this beautiful baritone out of a 2005 Fender BG-31 CAR. This is definitely the nicest sounding and easiest to play 32 inch scale guitar I have made to date. The action is low and the sound is huge. I hope to make more baritones out of this model but I doubt they will be this inexpensive very often. I just saw a black one on eBay for $550.

There are some small finish issues with this guitar. There are a couple of chips in the finish on the headstock. If you look closely you can see them but I have de-emphasized them. There are a couple of dings – I have pictured the largest. There is a minor finish crack by the controls that doesn’t photograph, and where the neck joins the body there is a little bit of bubbling but there is nothing obvious and nothing that affects the play in the slightest. Sold - Thanks Jon!


Specifications:

Scale Length:                32 inches
Nut Width:                   1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                44 ½ inches
Body Length:                19 inches
Upper Bout Width:       11 inches
Lower Bout Width        15 inches
Body Depth:                 ~4 inches – the back arches








No comments:

Post a Comment