Monday, January 31, 2011

Michael Kelly Club Custom 4N

I made this baritone guitar out of a 2007 Michael Kelly Club Custom 4N. I am told it was a store display and had never been owned. It has one small ding on the treble side of the lower bout about 1/4 of an inch from the binding that is invisible unless you turn the guitar just right and catch it in the reflection. It has a solid cedar top with burled ash back and sides. It has a rosewood fingerboard and an absolutely iridescent abalone rosette. I added gold tuners. It has a nice low action and sounds great. 34 inch scale and 1 11/16 inch nut. It comes with a TLK hard case that is in very good condition. Of all the guitars I have made thus far I would have to say that this one is the nicest and best sounding so far. I got an exceptionally good deal on the bass and doubt I am able to offer one at this price again unless it is without the hard case.This is one very nice guitar. Sold - Thanks Kevin!





1 comment:

  1. Terry, Just got the Michael Kelly on Saturday, had some time to 'bond' with it last night for about 2 hours (and again tonight). VERY cool instrument indeed. Love the sound, it's a beautiful instrument and your work is well done. I had been looking for the Tacoma Bari for months, and luckily found my way to your site. Took a chance, great value for the price and I am very happy. I can't wait to play this in a setting with other instruments - it will fit in nicely.
    Signed,
    VERY Happy Customer (A.K.A. Kevin!)

    ReplyDelete