Saturday, September 19, 2015

Laguna LAB5CE No. 2

I made this baritone guitar out of what I believe to be a 2008 Laguna LAB5CE. It had some dings on the bottom of the back of the neck that I have filled and smoothed. My hands don’t touch them when I play. The guitar is a beautiful highly figured bubinga laminate. It has beautiful mother of pearl and abalone inlays on the headstock and an abalone rosette. I finished it with gold and chrome hardware and a sound port. This guitar is up there with the best sounding guitars I have made and I hope to make more of them if possible. I am selling it on eBay with no case for $449 due to the imperfections that reduced the price I paid for it. Sold - Thanks Keith!



Features (From MF Website):

    Body type: Florentine cutaway
    Body wood: laminated bubinga
    Top wood: laminated bubinga
    Scale length: 34" scale
    Neck joint: dovetail
    Neck wood: mahogany
    Fretboard: rosewood
    Rosette: abalone
    Neck shape: C-shaped
    Bridge: rosewood
    Preamp: Fishman Classic 4T with tuner
   

Specifications:

Scale Length:                34 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                48 1/2 inches
Body Length:                19 3/4 inches
Upper Bout Width:       12 ¼ inches
Lower Bout Width        16 ¼ inches

Body Depth:                 4 3/4 inches







No comments:

Post a Comment