Sunday, September 1, 2013

Michael Kelly Club Custom 4N No. 11

I made this baritone from what I believe is a 2003 Michael Kelly Club Custom 4SN. It has several dings on the top of the guitar, the most significant on the bass side near the waist. There is also a finish crack where the two halves of the top meet below the bridge. There is some buckle rash on the back and the neck has one ding in it at the first fret – my hand does not touch it when I play. Since the guitar is a satin finish model, none of these imperfections is as noticeable as they would be on a high gloss finish. It has a beautiful mother-of-pearl inlay on the headstock and a gorgeous abalone rosette. I have finished it with a sound port and gold tuners. In my opinion this model is the most beautiful guitar I make and is among the very best sounding I make as well. At present I am holding this guitar for someone. If he doesn’t want it, I will be selling it on eBay without a case for $549. At the time of this writing I do have a hard case in good condition to go with it available for an additional $75 plus shipping. Sold - Thanks Byron!


Features:

Solid Red Cedar Top
Burled Ash Sides and Back
Rosewood Fingerboard with Mother of Pearl and Abalone inlays
Mother of Pearl Headstock Inlay
Abalone Rosette
Fishman Electronics


Specifications:

Scale Length:                34 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                47 inches
Body Length:                20 inches
Upper Bout Width:       12 inches
Lower Bout Width        16 1/2 inches

Body Depth:                 4 3/4 inches







No comments:

Post a Comment