Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hohner TWP600B No. 4



I made this baritone out of a Hohner Professional model TWP600B BK. This one is unusual in that it has no serial number so I don’t know what year it actually is. I believe they were only made from 1991 to 1994 so it is 19 years old at the newest. From what I have read, it listed for $499 20 years ago. There are a couple of significant scratches, some pick scuffs, some very small dings and other signs of wear – none of which are immediately obvious. It is in the best condition of any of this model that I have made to date and the other owners love their Hohners.

According to what I have read on the web, it has a sold spruce top and mahogany back and sides. The neck is also listed as mahogany but I don’t think it is. The wood was much harder and whiter when I drilled the holes for the tuners but I was unable to determine what that wood was. It has a rosewood fingerboard and bridge and a bone nut and saddle. It has active electronics and a beautiful mother of pearl HOHNER inlay on the headstock. This guitar has a nice low action all the way up the neck and has a huge sound and great sustain in spite of having such a thin body profile. I am selling it on eBay without a case for $475. Sold - Thanks Alan!
.


Specifications:

Scale Length:                34 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16
Total Length:                47 inches
Body Length:                19 inches
Upper Bout Width:       11 ½ inches
Lower Bout Width        16 inches
Body Depth:                   3 inches







No comments:

Post a Comment