Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Takamine G-Series No. 4


I made this baritone guitar out of a factory refurbished Takamine EGB255SC. Other than the word USED stamped almost imperceptibly on the back of the headstock and the serial number changed on the inside label you would never know it was used. I found no imperfections when I was converting it. This guitar is one of the most beautiful and best sounding I have made to date. I can find no specs for this exact model on the internet but I believe that it has a sold spruce top, quilted maple back and sides, a mahogany neck, and a rosewood finger board. The abalone inlays for the rosette and center of the back of the guitar are gorgeous. It has a great pre-amp system – a Takamine TK-40B that includes a built in tuner. I added chrome tuners and a bone nut and saddle. The bass cost me a little more than most so the finished guitar costs a little more. If it does not sell soon I will be tempted to keep it for myself. I am selling it on eBay for $675 without a case. As of this writing I do have a case in very good condition available for an additional $75. Sold - Thanks Maya!


Specifications:

Scale Length:                34 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                49 ½ inches
Body Length:                20 ½ inches
Upper Bout Width:       12 ½ inches
Lower Bout Width        16 ¾ inches
Body Depth:                 5 inches







No comments:

Post a Comment