Saturday, April 7, 2012

Martin Sigma STB R


I made this baritone guitar out of what I believe to be a 1995 Martin Sigma STB R in extremely good condition.   There is a small chip out of the back binding down by the butt of the guitar that is not immediately noticeable, some very slight buckle rash on the back of the guitar that can only be seen in reflection, and very little other small signs of use.  Other than that, it is practically perfect and aging beautifully. I can find no information online for this model but I believe that the top is spruce, that the back and sides are a dark mahogany, that the neck is a light maple, and that the fret board is rosewood.  It has a passive pickup system that is extremely well balanced and responsive. This is without a doubt one of the best looking and sounding guitars I have made to date. At the moment I am selling it on eBay for $675. As of this writing I have a hard case in good condition for an additional $75 plus shipping. Sold - Thanks Janus!

  
Specifications:

Scale Length:                34 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                47 inches
Body Length:                20 inches
Upper Bout Width:       11 ¾ inches
Lower Bout Width        16 inches
Body Depth:                  4 ¾ inches






No comments:

Post a Comment