Friday, December 9, 2011

Fender Squire SB-31MRED


I made this baritone guitar out of what I believe to be a 2001 Fender Squire SB-31MRED and if a beautiful shade of  metallic red is your thing, this may be the guitar for you.. This is basically the same guitar as a Fender BG-31 CAR (Candy Apple Red) and other than the branding, I could find no difference while I was making the conversion, right down to the pickup brand and model. There are some chips and dings on the headstock that I have de-emphasized, some belt rash on the back that is visible in the pictures if you look closely, and a few small dings that are not obvious. Overall, the instrument is in very good condition for being over ten years old. I have added gold tuners to match the lettering on the headstock and a sound port. This guitar sounds great both acoustically and plugged in. From what I have read on the web, this is a fairly rare model and I am not likely to do another one soon. I am selling it on eBay with a heavily padded gig bag in fair condition for $475 - Sold - Thanks Paul!




Specifications:

Scale Length:                32 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                44 ½ inches
Body Length:                19 inches
Upper Bout Width:       11 inches
Lower Bout Width        15 inches
Body Depth:                 4 inches







No comments:

Post a Comment