Friday, November 18, 2011

Alvarez AB4102C No. 2


I made this baritone from what I believe to be a factory authorized re-manufactured 2010 Alvarez AB4102C and is stamped USED on the back of the headstock. I found one small ding on the top that is only visible in reflection and found no other notable imperfections while I was converting it. It was sold to me as being repaired for having faulty electronics. The Fishman package has been replaced with an Artec passive package that sounds very nice  It has beautiful mother of pearl inlays on the headstock and an abalone rosette. I have finished it with a sound port and gold and chrome hardware. These Alvarez baritones are among the best sounding that I make and among the most praised by their owners. The body of this guitar is substantially thicker than many of my guitars and the sustain is incredible. I am selling it on eBay with no case for $525 plus shipping. The last Alvarez I had sold in a matter of hours and I doubt I am able to get another before Christmas. This one is likely to be gone quickly too. Sold - Thanks Keith!


Features (from the Alvarez website):

Body Style: Bass
Back: Mahogany
Sides: Mahogany
Top: Solid Spruce
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Fingerboard Inlay: 3 Piece Alvarez 12th Fret
Bridge: Rosewood
Body Binding: Ivory multi
Sound Hole Rosette: Abalone
Tuning Machines: Nickel Die-cast
Finish: Natural


Specifications:

Scale Length:                32 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                46 ½ inches
Body Length:                20 inches
Upper Bout Width:       12 inches
Lower Bout Width        17 inches
Body Depth:                 5 inches






No comments:

Post a Comment