Monday, March 21, 2011

Hohner EAB65

I made this baritone guitar out of what I believe to be a 2002 Hohner EAB65. There are a few small dings if you look closely but nothing obvious. On the side view pictured there a few areas where the finish appears to be a little milky I don’t know what is up with that – the finish is smooth and just as glossy as the rest of the finish. This is not a new guitar and no one would ever mistake it as such, but it is beautiful looking and bound to attract attention. I was not satisfied with the sound I was getting out of the plastic and steel saddle/pickup that came with the bass so I replaced them with a bone saddle and under saddle pickup. Now the sound quality is in the neighborhood of the Alvarez and Michael Kelly guitars I make both acoustically and electronically. The action is just a little high above the 12th fret but still very playable and there is plenty of room to lower the saddle. There is also a truss rod but it is a spline type that I don’t have a tool for. I am selling it on eBay with the used padded gig bag it came in for $525. I like this guitar so much that I found another one and kept it for myself. Sold - Thanks StormMiguel!


Features:

Solid Spruce Top
Ovangkol Sides and Back
Rosewood Fingerboard with Mother of Pearl position markers
Active Electronics
New Bone Nut and Saddle


Specifications:

Scale Length:                34 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                46 inches
Body Length:                19 ½ inches
Upper Bout Width:       11 ½ inches
Lower Bout Width        15 ½ inches
Body Depth:                 4 ¾ inches


\







No comments:

Post a Comment