Saturday, May 7, 2011

Hohner EAB65

I bought this bass with the intention of keeping the guitar for myself and I made the guitar with that intention too. I have played it as my main guitar since I made it. It probably plays and sounds at least as good as any of the guitars I have made to date. The reason I am not keeping it is because frankly this guitar is too nice for me to just keep to myself. And the fact that I get to play with everyone else's first.

There are a few small dings if you look closely but nothing obvious. This is the first guitar I am offering with a sound port. For those of you not familiar with this, google "guitar sound port". The sound difference from the players perspective is so pronounced that I plan on putting them in all of my guitars from now on… unless people stop buying them because of this modification.  This is not a new guitar, but it is beautiful looking and bound to attract attention. The action of this guitar is nice and low and the sustain is outstanding. The owner of the other one I made is extremely pleased with his. I am selling it on eBay for $575 without a case. As of this writing I do have a used hard case that I can include with domestic orders fro an additional $75. Sorry - it is too large to ship internationally. Send me a note if you want the case too and if it is still available I'll invoice you for it separately. Sold - Thanks Pit and Jean!

Features:

Solid Spruce Top
Ovangkol Sides and Back
Rosewood Fingerboard with Mother of Pearl position markers
Active Shadow P7 Electronics
New Bone Nut and Saddle


Specifications:

Scale Length:                34 inches
Nut Width:                    1 11/16 inches
Total Length:                46 inches
Body Length:                19 ½ inches
Upper Bout Width:       11 ½ inches
Lower Bout Width        15 ½ inches
Body Depth:                 4 ¾ inches






No comments:

Post a Comment